Hopwoods Hardware established this frontage for their business in Broadway in 1962, when they extended through from Main Street. This building was demolished for the Downtown Mall, c 1989. G H Bennetts, established 1891, constructed this building c1917-1918. The shop front was renovated in 1965. Bennett was instrumental in changing the name of Broad Street into Broadway, which became official in 1926.