This dam was constructed in 1906-1907 to replace the original dam (built 1888-1889). It was built to a height of 15 feet, though this would later prove insufficient for the growing population of Palmerston North. In 1912, it was raised to a height of 50 feet.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of Second Turitea Dam
- B&W print
- Held In