Skip to Content

More Info →First Turitea Dam

The man sitting on top of the dam is P W Anderson of Levin. Samuel Jickell was Palmerston North Borough Engineer from 1904-1919. This dam was originally completed in 1907 but was raised to 50 feet in 1912. It was officially opened February 17 1913. This enlarged dam remained in use until 1957 when a 100 ft high dam was constructed.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_W26_009169
Title
First Turitea Dam
Relation
Public Photograph Collection W 26
Format
B&W print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Raising the Barrier at Turitea Dam
Construction of Second Turitea Dam
Second Turitea Dam
Original Turitea Dam
First Turitea Dam
First Turitea Dam
Second Turitea Dam Opening Day
Second Turitea Dam
2nd Turitea Dam Opening Day
Filter Plant at Turitea
2nd Turitea Dam Opening Day
First Turitea Dam

Creation

Created By
Place
Turitea, Palmerston North
Date
1906

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Raising the Barrier at Turitea Dam
Construction of Second Turitea Dam
Second Turitea Dam
Original Turitea Dam
First Turitea Dam
First Turitea Dam
Second Turitea Dam Opening Day
Second Turitea Dam
2nd Turitea Dam Opening Day
Filter Plant at Turitea
2nd Turitea Dam Opening Day
First Turitea Dam

User comments