The Nonpareil Cycle and Motor Company was originally established in Ghuznee Street, Wellington. In November 1906 this company bought out the Palmerston North firm of Clarkson and Co. in order to establish its headquarters in Palmerston North. Messrs Eric Stanley & Charles Sydney Pees, proprietors, had a 2000 square foot show room outfitted on The Square. They went on to employ a staff of 25 people trading extensively through the North Island, with agencies in Foxton, Otaki and Shannon. They were agents for Premier and Centaur cycles, as well as promoting their own brand of cycle the 'Nonpareil'. To the right can be seen the Everybody's Theatre, later the Midland Hotel. Ernie Hind is 6th from left and Percy Coleman is 7th from left.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Nonpareil Cycle & Motor Co., The Square
- Held In