This newly constructed building was built in 1935 for Leary’s Pharmacies Ltd, to replace the original building built by Richard Leary in 1885. Richard Leary established his business in 1875 and continued in business until his death in 1901. A J Graham, an employee of Leary's, took over the management of the pharmacy in 1902 and continued its operation until 1927 when a company, “Leary’s Pharmacies Ltd”, was formed in conjunction with Messrs J K Paton and R L C Aitchinson.
- Created By
- Palmerston North
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- Community Tags