Skip to Content

More Info →The Regent Theatre

The Regent Theatre opened 4 July 1930 as a cinema and theatre. It was designed by Charles Hollingshed for owners Williamson Films Ltd, and built of reinforced concrete by Julian and Co at a cost of £46,000. One of its features is a solid marble staircase. In the 1990s the theatre was purchased by the Palmerston North City Council and restored as the city's premier theatre. It is leased to the Regent Theatre Trust Board who run the facility.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2019BD_IMCA-DigitalMaster_028879
Title
The Regent Theatre
Relation
Canto
Format
Born Digital
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

The Regent Theatre
Broadway Avenue
Regent Theatre, Broadway
Regent Theatre under Construction
"Elephant Weighs in for Regent"
Valmond Page outside Regent Theatre
Regent Theatre interior, Broadway
Regent Theatre, Broadway
Regent Theatre reconstruction, Broadway
Regent Theatre, Broadway
Broad Street looking towards The Square
Right Side of Broad Street from The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
53 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
Date
June 17, 2019

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Council

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

The Regent Theatre
Broadway Avenue
Regent Theatre, Broadway
Regent Theatre under Construction
"Elephant Weighs in for Regent"
Valmond Page outside Regent Theatre
Regent Theatre interior, Broadway
Regent Theatre, Broadway
Regent Theatre reconstruction, Broadway
Regent Theatre, Broadway
Broad Street looking towards The Square
Right Side of Broad Street from The Square

User comments