The Regent Theatre opened 4 July 1930 as a cinema and theatre. It was designed by Charles Hollingshed and built of reinforced concrete, with a solid marble staircase, at a cost of £46,000 by Julian and Co., for its owners Williamson Films Ltd. The theatre was originally occupied by Palmerston Pictures Ltd.
- Created By
- The Regent, 53 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- Community Tags