Skip to Content

More Info →Haseldens' Hobbies and Cycle shop, 75-77 The Square

This building was constructed in 1890 for the 'Manawatu Daily Times', and was occupied by them until 1913. It was Waghorn's decorating shop 1913 - 1939, and then Tingey's “Oil and Colour Merchants” 1939-1979. In 1979 it became Haseldens Hobbies and Cycle shop, from 1979. The building was demolished in 2008. The Grand Hotel can be seen beside it.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bc240_BUI_2563
Title
Haseldens' Hobbies and Cycle shop, 75-77 The Square
Relation
PNCC Series 7/8/5
Held In
Coolstore
License
cc-by-nc

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Coles building, The Square
Interior of Smith & Smith Ltd, Rangitikei Street
Parkins and Attfield's butcher's shop, The Square
Millar and Giorgi menwear shop, The Square
'Outsville' trade-in shop, Church Street
Flower Shop, 424 Featherson Street
Ruahine Street shops
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Window display of china at Watchorn & McNaught's Hardware Co., Ltd, The Square
Watchorn & McNaught's Hardware Co., Ltd, the Square
Coles building, The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
1981

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
bicycle,
car,
motorcycle,

Report a problem

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Coles building, The Square
Interior of Smith & Smith Ltd, Rangitikei Street
Parkins and Attfield's butcher's shop, The Square
Millar and Giorgi menwear shop, The Square
'Outsville' trade-in shop, Church Street
Flower Shop, 424 Featherson Street
Ruahine Street shops
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Window display of china at Watchorn & McNaught's Hardware Co., Ltd, The Square
Watchorn & McNaught's Hardware Co., Ltd, the Square
Coles building, The Square

User comments