Skip to Content

The “Outsville” was the trade-in furniture section of Maple Furnishings Co at 179 Church Street, next to the Opera House (partially seen to the right). The building was demolished 22 December 1970. Originally 2 shops, the shop on the right was initially a bootmaker, run by Alonza Parson 1921-1927, then William Inkpen 1927-1954, before being taken over for a carpentry-building store.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bc454_BUI_2531
Title
'Outsville' trade-in shop, Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bc 454
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Millar and Giorgi menwear shop, The Square
'Outsville' trade-in shop, Church Street
Flower Shop, 424 Featherson Street
Ruahine Street shops
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Watchorn & McNaught's Hardware Co., Ltd, the Square
Coles building, The Square
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Broadtop Bookshop, Broadway Avenue
Terrace End Hardware, Ruahine Street
Demolition of Coles building, The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
1960

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
building,
buildings,
business,
photographs,
store,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Millar and Giorgi menwear shop, The Square
'Outsville' trade-in shop, Church Street
Flower Shop, 424 Featherson Street
Ruahine Street shops
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Watchorn & McNaught's Hardware Co., Ltd, the Square
Coles building, The Square
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Broadtop Bookshop, Broadway Avenue
Terrace End Hardware, Ruahine Street
Demolition of Coles building, The Square

User comments