The Ballance River bridge at the eastern end of the Manawatu Gorge was designed by James Fulton and opened by the Premier, Richard John Seddon in 1904. The bridge was built using a double intersection Pratt truss with a small version at the south end, in a combination of steel and wood. The bridge was demolished and replaced 23 February 1972.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Ballance Suspension Bridge, near Manawatu Gorge
- Held In