This photograph came from a small photograph album that belonged to Mrs R Andrews of Rangitikei House. This photograph has no caption but appears to depict the first Fitzherbert Bridge. Built in 1877, this wooden bridge served the needs of those crossing the Manawatu until 1935 when a new concrete bridge was constructed. This second bridge was replaced with the bridge we have today  in 1987.
- Created By
- Fitzherbert Bridge, Palmerston North
- February 1928
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services
- Community Tags