Square Edge is an arts centre. The building, designed by Reginald Thorrold Jaggard, was constructed in 1945 as the Palmerston North City Council. The original building on the site was the Bank of , built 1892, which became the Public Library in 1905 and later the Borough Council offices. In 1924 an addition, including a Council Chamber was added to the rear. This portion remains, while the original building at the front was demolished to make way for the new offices in 1945.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Square Edge, The Square - 2002
- Held In