The Municipal Chambers, designed by R and W Thorrold-Jaggard replaced the earlier (1905) building on the site, they were opened on 13 June, 1945 and this shot apparently taken in springtime, may be either from earlier in 1945 (since the rooms look unoccupied) or from early 1946 (since the electric clock was not added until later). Thorrold-Jaggard papers, especially volumes III and IV; IV, 12 includes a defence of the Thorrold-Jaggard art deco style of architecture.
- Created By
- 47 The Square, Palmerston North
- 1945 to 1946
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- Community Tags