Skip to Content
The Square gardens

More Info →The Square gardens

Looking across the Butterly Lakelet towards the Clock tower.

Taken by 'Photo Instruments' when testing a camera or lens. Photo Instruments originally operated in Rangitikei Street, with a studio and darkroom in the Oroua Power Building, before renting floor space in the PDC. It was operated by Merlyn an Alfred Drew from the 1960s to c. 1989.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2017P_2011-43_024404
Title
The Square gardens
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Format
Colour print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Te Peeti Statue and The Square, From Above
The Square gardens
Post Office and Coronation Fountain
The South-East Corner of The Square
T and G Building from Gardens in The Square
Looking from the middle of The Square to Coleman Place
Panorama of The Square, 1937
A View of The Square
View of The Square, Palmerston North
Colour Postcard of The Square from Church Street West to Main Street West
Railway line running through The Square
A View of the Square

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
1970s

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Te Peeti Statue and The Square, From Above
The Square gardens
Post Office and Coronation Fountain
The South-East Corner of The Square
T and G Building from Gardens in The Square
Looking from the middle of The Square to Coleman Place
Panorama of The Square, 1937
A View of The Square
View of The Square, Palmerston North
Colour Postcard of The Square from Church Street West to Main Street West
Railway line running through The Square
A View of the Square

User comments