In 1908 the Mckenzie family acquired 300 acres of land in the Milson area, and this homestead was built, named Edinkillie for Roderick Mckenzie and family. The Mckenzie family resided at Edinkillie for 8 – 10 years before the house changed hands. Roderick Mckenzie and his brother were stock dealers and Roderick was known as “The Cattle King of the North Island”. The network crashed during the 1930s depression. Mckenzie died in 1960, in Waipukurau, at the age of 81. The house was used as an officer’s mess for the RNZAF Army Corporation Squadron during World War 2. Edinkillie was bought in 1964 by Kelly Hargreaves who opened it as the “Sheraton Restaurant” on 9 October 1969 after extensive alterations. It is currently known as the Sheraton El Burcio Restaurant/Function Centre, and is fully licensed with 20 on-site motel units, 4 family units and 16 studio units. This building is listed in Category 4 of the Historic Palaces Trust because of historical architectural and community significance. The building was sold and was removed to Tirau.