Skip to Content

More Info →Cottage at 'Papaiōea Historic Village'

This was the first building, originally built and lived in by Neil Christian Hansen in 1875, placed on the site of what was planned to be the Papaiōea Historic Village. The village was being established on James Line (opposite the cemetery gates) by Graham Norman. Mr Norman hoped to begin the village by redecorating an existing cottage on the front of the property.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_Bur150_3408
Title
Cottage at 'Papaiōea Historic Village'
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 150
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
11 Lombard Street
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets

Creation

Created By
Place
James Line, Palmerston North
Date
February 24, 1981

Object rights

Credit Line
Manawatu Evening Standard

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
11 Lombard Street
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets

User comments