Skip to Content

More Info →Campbell Street School

Campbell Street School was opened in 1890, to replace the first state ('Central') school on the corner of Main and Princess Street, built 1872. In 1921, Campbell Street school moved to Featherston Street, and was renamed Central (Normal) School. This building in Campbell Street was demolished in the mid to late 1990's, having been used as a Resource Centre, Education Board offices, and Teacher's In-Service Centre.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Sc137_SCH_0423
Title
Campbell Street School
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

College Street School
Central School swimming team winners.
College Street School
Pupils outside first Terrace End School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Boys of College Street School
Terrace End School
Girls and teachers of College Street School
Campbell Street School
Staff of Campbell Street School
St. Mary's School

Creation

Created By
Place
Campbell Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1900

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

College Street School
Central School swimming team winners.
College Street School
Pupils outside first Terrace End School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Boys of College Street School
Terrace End School
Girls and teachers of College Street School
Campbell Street School
Staff of Campbell Street School
St. Mary's School

User comments