Skip to Content

More Info →Terrace End School

Terrace End School facing the Ruahine Street entrance, with Memorial gates and baths on the left. A previous original Terrace End School building was situated in Main Street in 1884. Mrs Harvey was the first teacher. In June 1884, the School was moved to Deard's Hall in Main Street, near its current location. Mr G.Nye was headmaster. He was followed by D.H. Guthrie, C.H. von Blaremberg and T. F. Fairbrother (by 1893). The School was moved to Terrace Street (renamed Ruahine Street in 1926) in September 1885. Several new buildings were constructed between 1927 and 1960.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Sc19_SCH_0400
Title
Terrace End School
Held In
Coolstore
License
no_known_restrictions

Related items

College Street School
Central School swimming team winners.
College Street School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Boys of College Street School
Girls and teachers of College Street School
Campbell Street School
Staff of Campbell Street School
Terrace End School
Pupils outside Terrace End School
St. Mary's School

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1939

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

College Street School
Central School swimming team winners.
College Street School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Boys of College Street School
Girls and teachers of College Street School
Campbell Street School
Staff of Campbell Street School
Terrace End School
Pupils outside Terrace End School
St. Mary's School

User comments