Development began on the Victoria Esplanade in Palmerston North, named to mark Queen Victoria's 60th jubilee, in 1897. Queen Victoria Drive began as a rough track from Fitzherbert Avenue to Park Road in 1917. In 1919 it was properly laid out and metalled and was tarred and sanded c1920-1921. The people are unidentified.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Family walking and biking on Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
- Held In