Development began on the Victoria Esplanade in Palmerston North, named to mark Queen Victoria's 60th jubilee, in 1897. The paddling pool was presented to the children of Palmerston North by the local Returned Servicemen's Association branch, in 1937. It was built in the shape of an RSA badge, with art deco features. The photograph shows the pool in winter, with the Peter Black conservatory in the background.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Children's paddling pool in winter, Victoria Esplanade
- Held In