Skip to Content

More Info →Children of the Strang Family at "Woodhey", Te Awe Awe Street, Palmerston North

This photograph was taken in the grounds of "Woodhey" and is of the cousins of the Strang Family. Back Row, from left: William Taylor-Young and Alex Strang. Centre Row, from left: Walter Taylor-Young, Graham Strang, Dorothy Strang and Geoffrey Strang. Front Row, from left: Colin Strang, Brian Strang and Strang Taylor-Young. The house was constructed by Jacob Nannestad c1892 and sold to John Strang in 1903. In 1921, the Strang family sold the property to W.C. Caccia Birch. It remained in the Caccia Birch family until gifted to the Government in 1941. After various uses it was eventually given to the Palmerston North City Council. It is now called Caccia Birch and serves as a function centre.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2013N_Pi142_007385
Title
Children of the Strang Family at "Woodhey", Te Awe Awe Street, Palmerston North
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Pi 142
Held In
Coolstore
License
no_known_restrictions

Related items

Children of the Strang Family at "Woodhey", Te Awe Awe Street, Palmerston North
Three sons of the Strang family at "Woodhey"
Andrews Collection: Andrews' Family
Jane and Evaline Manson
Patricia Hayes and Raewyn Doolan
Andrews Collection: Young Woman under a Flowering Tree
Jane Linton
Andrews Collection: Woman and Baby
Fred Linton
John Herbert Hankins
John Murray, Rector of Boys' High School from 1919-1946
George Lawson

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1910

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Children of the Strang Family at "Woodhey", Te Awe Awe Street, Palmerston North
Three sons of the Strang family at "Woodhey"
Andrews Collection: Andrews' Family
Jane and Evaline Manson
Patricia Hayes and Raewyn Doolan
Andrews Collection: Young Woman under a Flowering Tree
Jane Linton
Andrews Collection: Woman and Baby
Fred Linton
John Herbert Hankins
John Murray, Rector of Boys' High School from 1919-1946
George Lawson

User comments