Center back: Mr J.A. Colquhoun. Palmerston North High School was the first secondary school in Palmerston North, built in Featherston Street 1902. It was destroyed by fire in April 1910 [arson - Joseph Powelka was convicted] and replaced in 1911. The school separated in boys and girls high schools in 1919, with a purpose built school for girls opening in September 1920.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North High School, 1st VII
- Held In