This photograph of the section of The Square between Church Street and Main Street West shows Ernest Holbrook's grocery business (number 79), the former bookshop of William Park (number 80) and the pharmacy business pf Richard Leary (number 84). The latter was built in 1885-1886 (see 2014n_sq85_008591 for a photograph of its construction). It remained with the business until sold to Dudley Rabone & Co., who demolished it. Park's shop was built in 1884 and sold between 1910 and 1920. In the 1920s it had a succession of up to three shops in it - it burnt down on 16 March 1928. As pictured here, it seems to be empty, with two or three shops "to let". The photograph is captioned "Mrs Childs and old Learees (sic) The Square." Mrs Child or Childs (unidentified) presumably had one of the premises at 80-83.