Skip to Content

More Info →The Square between Main Street West and Church Street West

Warnock Kelly & Adkin were a firm of Wellington drapers who opened a Palmerston North branch in the two-story building seen in the phtograph. The building had been erected in 1882 as Mr James Linton's Land Office and stood on the corner of Main Street West on the site now occupied by the brick Coles' building.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sq12_008571
Title
The Square between Main Street West and Church Street West
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 12
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

The Square between Main Street West and Church Street West
The Square, looking West Between Church Street and Coleman Place
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Panorama of The Square - 1906
Postcard of the Grand Hotel in The Square
A View of Coleman Place
Looking Down Church Street
Broad Street
A Rainy Day in the Square
A Postcard of Church Street
A View of the Square
Church Street East side of The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1890

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

The Square between Main Street West and Church Street West
The Square, looking West Between Church Street and Coleman Place
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Panorama of The Square - 1906
Postcard of the Grand Hotel in The Square
A View of Coleman Place
Looking Down Church Street
Broad Street
A Rainy Day in the Square
A Postcard of Church Street
A View of the Square
Church Street East side of The Square

User comments