The photograph shows a busy street scene from the Square int he 1920s. On the left of the photograph is the old Post Office. Built in 1906, the Post Office on the corner of The Square and Main Street was Palmerston North’s fourth. In 1988, when Telecom and Postbank became separate entities, the building ceased to be the Post Office. It currently operates as a restaurant and bar.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The Square looking to Main Street East
- Held In