The fishpond and gardens were designed and constructed by the Beautifying Society in 1906. The fountain was made of concrete and the central rockery of concrete and stone. The quadrant was intersected with diagonal paths, converging on the fish pond. In 1926, the Kind Edward Coronation Monument was removed from the centre of The Square and was re-sited in the middle of the fountain. Today the fountain sits in the corner of The Square near Broadway Avenue.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- A Child Plays in the Fountain
- Held In