Skip to Content

The war memorial was built in The Square in 1926, to honour those who died in WWI. the clocktower was built in 1955 from a bequest to the city from Arthur Hopwood.

Beyond can be seen the Farmers Mutual building which became FMG.

Identification

Object type
Image
Archive
PNCC
Relation
PNCC Series 47
Date
August 2000
Digitisation ID
2020S_PNCC-S47_032115
Format
Slide
Held In
PNCC Archives

Related items

"Mid-Morning Service for the Fallen" [ANZAC Day]
Civic Administration Building, The Square
Te Marae o Hine / The Square
The Square, Palmerston North
Clock Tower in the Square, looking towards Rangitikei Street
View across The Square
Aerial View of Te Marae o Hine / The Square
View of Palmerston North and lakelet in The Square, Palmerston North
Clock Tower, The Square, on cover of Palmerston North telephone book
War Memorial, Memorial Park
Aerial view of central Palmerston North and beyond
Newspaper cartoon regarding new designs for the Clock Tower

Taxonomy

Tags
clocktower,
monuments,
the square,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

"Mid-Morning Service for the Fallen" [ANZAC Day]
Civic Administration Building, The Square
Te Marae o Hine / The Square
The Square, Palmerston North
Clock Tower in the Square, looking towards Rangitikei Street
View across The Square
Aerial View of Te Marae o Hine / The Square
View of Palmerston North and lakelet in The Square, Palmerston North
Clock Tower, The Square, on cover of Palmerston North telephone book
War Memorial, Memorial Park
Aerial view of central Palmerston North and beyond
Newspaper cartoon regarding new designs for the Clock Tower