The Palmerston North Clock Tower was constructed in 1957, after a bequest by Arthur Hopwood. The clock had originally been housed in the Post office tower which was demolished in 1942 due to earthquake risk, and was was held in storage until being rehoused in the tower in The Square. In front of the tower can be seen the sound shell, which was removed in c1990.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Clock Tower in the Square, looking towards Rangitikei Street
- Held In