Skip to Content

More Info →Opening of the Fire Station, Cuba Street

The Fire Brigade was established in Palmerston North in 1883. The first Fire Station to be built in Cuba Street was officially opened by J.A Nash, Mayor, on the balcony. These premises were replaced by another building near by, in 1926.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_F4_3522
Title
Opening of the Fire Station, Cuba Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection F 4
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Opening of the Fire Station, Cuba Street
Wagonloads of grass seed
Firemen and engines, Cuba Street
Foxton Athletics Club committee
Group on the roadside in the Manawatu Gorge
Members of the Fire Brigade
Boy reaping hay, Pohangina Valley
George Perrin
Jos Batchelar and son, ploughing at 'Willowbank' farm
Unidentified Family
Four Generations of the Scrimshaw family
Principal Wards of Palmerston North Public Hospital:

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
August 31, 1910

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Opening of the Fire Station, Cuba Street
Wagonloads of grass seed
Firemen and engines, Cuba Street
Foxton Athletics Club committee
Group on the roadside in the Manawatu Gorge
Members of the Fire Brigade
Boy reaping hay, Pohangina Valley
George Perrin
Jos Batchelar and son, ploughing at 'Willowbank' farm
Unidentified Family
Four Generations of the Scrimshaw family
Principal Wards of Palmerston North Public Hospital:

User comments