Herbert J Woodfield is listed as having a livery stable in Cuba Street, Palmerston North, from c1915, and by 1922 having Woodfield's Motor Garage at the same address. In 1928 the garage moved to Beresford Street and continued to operate until the 1950s. Information attached to the photograph indicates that Mr George Roberts (smaller gentleman in the photograph) from Mangatainoka took over the garage from Mr Woodfield. Herbert Woodfield died in 1945. To the left can be see the Central Fire Station which operated from 1910 to 1926, when it was out grown and a new fire station was built further down the street.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Woodfields Motor Garage, Cuba Street
- Held In