This photograph was taken just before the buldings on the left were demolished to make way for the new Imperial Chambers, built in 1937. The Kosy Lounge, along with the Kosy Theatre, ceased operations in 1943. The frontages were demolished and rebuilt as the Vogue Theatre owned by Kerridge Odeon. The Vogue continued until 1956 when it was closed.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Businesses and Kosy Lounge tearooms, The Square
- Held In
- Community Archives