Skip to Content

In 1902 the firm of Millar and Giorgi was established by Maurice Millar and Mr Giorgi. It was the first store to specialise exclusively in men's and boy's ware. it closed c1987.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bc204_BUI_2452
Title
Millar and Giorgi menwear shop, The Square
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bc 204
Date
circa 1937

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Terrace End Hardware, Ruahine Street
Jacquard Hosiery Mills Ltd, Featherson Street
Interior of Smith & Smith Ltd, Rangitikei Street
Manawatu Wine & Spirits' Awapuni cellars, College Street
South-east side of The Square
A T C Taxis Ltd fleet and premises, Main Street
Associated Paint Supplies, Main Street
Speechley's, Main Street
E Whitehead, Printer, 484 Main Street
Ruahine Street shops

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
building,
buildings,
business,
cars,
commercial,
photographs,
shop,
store,
vehicles,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Interior of The Universal Supply Depot shop, Main Street
Terrace End Hardware, Ruahine Street
Jacquard Hosiery Mills Ltd, Featherson Street
Interior of Smith & Smith Ltd, Rangitikei Street
Manawatu Wine & Spirits' Awapuni cellars, College Street
South-east side of The Square
A T C Taxis Ltd fleet and premises, Main Street
Associated Paint Supplies, Main Street
Speechley's, Main Street
E Whitehead, Printer, 484 Main Street
Ruahine Street shops