The 'Upper Gorge' bridge was completed at the Woodville end of the Gorge in 1875, with a toll gate to collect revenue for the maintenance of the road. The wooden bridge, built of heart totara, was replaced in 1931 allowing for two-way traffic. To the left of the picture can be seen the Toll Keeper's house.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Upper Gorge Bridge, Manawatu Gorge
- Held In