Skip to Content

More Info →Phoenix palms lining Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade

Development began on the Victoria Esplanade in Palmerston North, named to mark Queen Victoria's 60th jubilee, in 1897. The phoenix palms were an initiative of Peter Black, curator of the gardens 1908-1946.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007P_P80_RES_0158
Title
Phoenix palms lining Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Phoenix palms lining Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Man Sitting by Rotunda in Victoria Esplanade
Construction of the Children's paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Paddling Pool at the Esplanade
Riverbank walkway, Victoria Esplanade
Bush walk path, Victoria Esplanade
Pergola, Esplanade Gardens
Pergola, Victoria Esplanade
Walkway at the Victoria Esplanade
Pathway in Victoria Esplanade

Creation

Created By
Date
1950

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Phoenix palms lining Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Man Sitting by Rotunda in Victoria Esplanade
Construction of the Children's paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Paddling Pool at the Esplanade
Riverbank walkway, Victoria Esplanade
Bush walk path, Victoria Esplanade
Pergola, Esplanade Gardens
Pergola, Victoria Esplanade
Walkway at the Victoria Esplanade
Pathway in Victoria Esplanade

User comments