The Phoenix palms that line one of the many roads that run through. The Victoria Esplanade underwent a variety of improvements under Peter Black, the Curator of Reserves from 1908-1946. These included various footpaths, Victoria Drive, mass plantings (notably of the cherry trees and phoenix palms), the creation of a pergola, a tea kiosk, the RSA paddling pool and a begonia hothouse (now known as the “Peter Black Conservatory”).
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Phoenix Palms, Victoria Esplanade
- Held In