The Ballance Bridge was constructed over the Manawatu River in 1904 and served until 1968 when it was closed, as it was thought to be unsafe. This wooden bridge was then replaced by an iron-Concrete bridge which opened in 1971. It is near the entrance to the Manawatu Gorge.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Ballance Bridge, near Woodville
- Held In