Gates to the Kelvin Grove Services Cemetery, commemorating World War One and World War Two.
Kelvin Grove Cemetery, at 118 James Line, Kelvin Grove, is Palmerston North's main cemetery, providing cremation and burial services to the city and its surrounding districts. It is set on 36 hectares of land, 7 kilometres from the central business district. It has a chapel that can be hired for memorial and committal services and a memorial garden.
The cemetery was opened in 1927 to replace the old Terrace End Cemetery on Napier Road. The crematorium and chapel were added in 1954, and a gas-fired cremator was installed in 2003.