The Meteor movie theatre was built by Maurice Millar of Millar and Giorgi, a menswear store. It was opened in the era of the 'talkies', in September 1937, on the eastern side of The Square. It had a capacity of 940 and was considered one of the most up to date in the country. the Meteor was closed in 1963.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Meteor Picture Theatre, The Square
- Held In