Robert Price Edwards (1854-1924) established his brick making business in Featherston Street, Palmerston North, in 1900 having shifted from previous premises in Dahlia Street. Brick and Pipes Limited, formed 1919, took over the site in 1929, when Edwards amalgamated with two other brickmakers, Mr W Mouldey and Trevor Bros. In 1983 Brick and Pipes Ltd ceased trading. The site is now privately owned but the Hoffman Kiln, which has a protection order on it, was donated to a Trust in 2003.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Former Brick and Pipes Co. Ltd, Featherston Street
- Held In
- Community Archives