Robert Price Edwards (1854-1924) established his brick making business in Featherston Street, Palmerston North, in 1900 having shifted from previous premises in Dahlia Street. In 1904 Edwards started construction of the ‘Hoffman Kiln” which was the biggest kiln constructed in Palmerston North and capable of continuous production. Brick and Pipes Limited, formed 1919, took over the site in 1929, when Edwards amalgamated with two other brickmakers, Mr W Mouldey and Trevor Bros. In 1983 Brick and Pipes Ltd ceased trading. The site is now privately owned but the Hoffman Kiln, which was last fired in 1959, and has a protection order on it, was donated to a Trust in 2003.
- Momo rauemi
- Tautuhi matihiko
- Hoffman Kiln, Featherston Street
- E puritia ana ki
- Community Archives