This Hoffman oblong continuous kiln in Palmerston North has not been used since 1959. It is one of the few left in New Zealand and thought to be the only one still in the North Island. It is listed in category 1 under the Historic Places Act 1993. Brick and Pipes Limited, formed 1919, took over this Hoffman kiln from Mr R D Edwards, and in 1929 amalgamated with two other brickmakers, Mr W Mouldey and Trevor Bros. In 1983, Brick and Pipes Ltd ceased trading.
- Created By
- E Creamer
- Featherston Street, Roslyn, Palmerston North
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- Community Tags