This image shows St Brigids Catholic Church before it was deemed earthquake prone, torn down, and replaced with the current structure in 2009. The church was established as a wooden structure on this site in 1889 and replaced with the pictured building in 1925.
The building was designed by Frederick de Jersey Clere who had built three churches in Feilding with St Brigids being the only concrete one. De Jersey Clere also designed the Cathedral of The Holy Spirit in Palmerston North. The covered entrance at the front was added in 1980.
Some of the stained glass windows were saved and have been installed in the new building.