This building was used as the Salvation Army Citadel 1922 -1983. It was designed by W Gray Young of Wellington and built by F Needham of Palmerston North. The Salvation Army held their first meeting in Palmerston North in 1883. Over the years they used various sites as their barracks until purchasing land in Broadway and building this citadel. By 1982 the building had been outgrown and new premises were constructed in Church Street. This building was sold and converted into a retail shop.
- Created By
- K H Shea
- Between King Street and Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- Community Tags