The Salvation Army established itself in Palmerston North in 1884. An emergency lodge was opened by the Salvation Army's Territorial Commander, Colonel E.R. Elliot, 28 June 1973. The lodge provided accommodation for six men and ten women and children. $36,000 was spent purchasing the property and making alterations. In 1975 a three-bed roomed extension was built to provide more accommodation.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Salvation Army Emergency Lodge, 3 Victoria Avenue
- Held In