Skip to Content

More Info →Clausen House, Pioneer Highway

This house was situated on Pioneer Highway between Cook and Domain Streets. The house was owned by the Clausen family who on 21 May 1903 opened the Tiratu Sawmilling Company; Coal and Timber Merchants were on the site beside the house in Pioneer Highway. After the railway was moved to Tremaine Avenue in 1964 these coal and timber merchants also moved away from the city centre and the land was used for the Manawatu Electricity Department. This house was demolished about 1972

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bur232_BUI_1870
Title
Clausen House, Pioneer Highway
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 232
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Clausen House, Pioneer Highway
Early View of the Corner of Church Street
Early Homestead
Nurses accomodation at Palmerston North Public Hospital
Administration Building, Palmerston North Public Hospital
23 Taonui Street
Railway Social Hall, Church Street
7 Heatley Avenue, Palmerston North
Te Manawa Art Gallery,
Hall construction
Ambassador Hotel, corner of Broadway and Victoria Avenue
Construction of the Eventide Rest Home, Brightwater Terrace

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1970

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Clausen House, Pioneer Highway
Early View of the Corner of Church Street
Early Homestead
Nurses accomodation at Palmerston North Public Hospital
Administration Building, Palmerston North Public Hospital
23 Taonui Street
Railway Social Hall, Church Street
7 Heatley Avenue, Palmerston North
Te Manawa Art Gallery,
Hall construction
Ambassador Hotel, corner of Broadway and Victoria Avenue
Construction of the Eventide Rest Home, Brightwater Terrace

User comments