This photograph, looking towards the corner of Cuba Street from Rangitikei Street. This image was published in the Manawatu Times Newspaper on 2 March 1927. On the left is a building which used to house shops and offices (part of section 262) - this building was torn down and the site now houses the Commercial Union and Westside Buildings that contains @ The Hub (a student hostel) and the Rangitikei Convenience Store. Right of that building (on the opposite corner) is the National Bank of New Zealand (now ANZ Bank). On the right side of the photo is the three-storey building occupied by the Hotel Imperial (south corner of King Street, demolished 1971) and the two-storey concrete Bank of New South Wales. Bill Nasmith, hairdresser, occupies part of a wooden building situated between the Bank of New South Wales and the Bank of New Zealand.