Skip to Content

More Info →Broad Street

Looking down Broad Street from The Square in Palmerston North. Broad Street was renamed Broadway in the 1920s. From left: The Waldegrave Building, built 1894, was occupied by Gerrands (Watchmakers, proprietor John B Gerrand), Stockwell Brothers (Dentists), Whiteford's (Chemists - proprietor Charles F Whitehead) and Youngson's (caterers); Leopold Simmons draper and clothier; Unknown; R S Barry, ironmonger, established 1893, purchased by Collinson and Son in 1907; H Collier, Piano Importer; Collinson and Cunningham Ltd, building purchased by C&C in 1904 and demolished in 1964; Unknown Bookseller and stationer, 3 x unidentified buildings; Tingey and Co (R & E), printers, Managing Director Albert Tingey); NZ Importing Company (H W Knowles), booksellers).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sq8_008568
Title
Broad Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 8
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Broad Street
Rangitikei Street to Coleman Place
Looking Across the Square Towards Coleman Place
A View of the Square
Rangitikei Street
Church Street East side of The Square
The Palmerston North Post Office
Looking Down Church Street
Turnbull & Jones Shopfront
Interior of Augusta Mortensen's Art, Needle and Fancy Workers' Shop
Display Windows of C M Ross department store, The Square
Collinson and Son Ltd Shopfront

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1904 to 1907

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Broad Street
Rangitikei Street to Coleman Place
Looking Across the Square Towards Coleman Place
A View of the Square
Rangitikei Street
Church Street East side of The Square
The Palmerston North Post Office
Looking Down Church Street
Turnbull & Jones Shopfront
Interior of Augusta Mortensen's Art, Needle and Fancy Workers' Shop
Display Windows of C M Ross department store, The Square
Collinson and Son Ltd Shopfront

User comments