Looking down Church Street East side of The Square, from near the corner of Fitzherbert Street (now Avenue). The businesses from right: J A Nash's store and commission agency (he was Mayor from 1908-1923); Hardy's Adelaide Wines, General Merchants; Furnishing Warehouse (part of JS Watchorn and Co); Crown Studios - photographers; Arthur C Bradfield - grocer; Direct Importers - JA Watchorn's Cash Drapers business (sold to Durward in 1907); the Club Hotel - the brick addition to the Club Hotel was completed by 1906; Commercial Union and Assurance - Fire Marine Accident insurance; J Wishart and Company - jewellers; The Opera House - built between 1904-1905; Stevenson's Opera House Stables; C Dahl - Dairy Machine Merchants, established in Palmerston North in 1881.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Church Street East side of The Square
- Held In