‘The Wattles” was built for Mr William Park, stationer and Mayor of Palmerston North (1893-1895) in 1887, on a 4 acre section. The 20-room house was designed by Ernest Larcomb, a local architect, and constructed of native timbers. The property was particularly known for its gardens. In 1910 William Park sold the property to Frederick Joseph Nathan, another Mayor of Palmerston North, who renamed it 'Moerangi'. After it was sold by Mrs Nathan in 1946 it had numerous owners until it was demolished in 1967.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- ‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
- Held In