Skip to Content

More Info →'Miranui', 148 Russell Street

Miranui, one of Palmerston North's Edwardian homesteads, was built for Alfred Seifert, one of six brothers who were involved in the flaxdressing industry. The homestead was completed in late 1906. It is listed in Category 4 of the New Zealand Historic Places Trust register, for architectural significance.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bur206_3096
Title
'Miranui', 148 Russell Street
Relation
PNCC Series 7/8/5
Held In
Coolstore
License
cc-by-nc

Related items

349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
15 Bourke Street
Villa

Creation

Created By
Place
148 Russell Street, Palmerston North
Date
1981

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
15 Bourke Street
Villa

User comments